Home » vSide Forums » vSide Events Forums » Competitions and Contests

Thread: vStorytelling: Christmas Adventure

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

Permlink Replies: 13 - Last Post: Apr 12, 2012 10:15 PM Last Post By: patdog Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
maryn

vStorytelling: Christmas Adventure
Posted: Dec 9, 2011 10:56 PM
Click to report abuse...

Ho ho ho Merry Christmas Storytellers!

Christmas is just around the corner and we can't celebrate it without some awesome stories from you guys! Maybe Santa needed your help? Or you went to the north pole to prove he is real. Show us your best story skills and you can win some vBux!

What are we looking for?

• Stay within the theme.
  • Just be creative, and have fun with it.

Rules:
  • You must submit your story HERE on THIS thread no later than Thursday, December 29, 2011 10pm PST.
  • Don’t forget to tell us your client username if it’s different from your Forum username.
  • Your story must be between 500-2000 words
  • Only one entry per person
  • You are welcome to include pictures, but it is not mandatory.

The winners will receive:
1st place: Leaf_of_a_willow 500 vBux
2nd place: x0xMusicIsLovex0x 250 vBux
3rd place: -DreamCatcher 125 vBux

Good luck everyone!

Love,

MaryN
FreeHugglez

Re: vStorytelling: Christmas Adventure
Posted: Dec 10, 2011 8:42 AM   in response to: maryn in response to: maryn
Click to report abuse...
I'm so excited for this one :>
ZeusS

Posted: Dec 10, 2011 9:20 AM   in response to: maryn in response to: maryn
Click to report abuse...
Placeholder.
-DreamCatcher

Posted: Dec 15, 2011 6:32 PM   in response to: maryn in response to: maryn
Click to report abuse...
Finally Home for Christmas
“Come on over kids, gather around the fireplace for a Christmas story that changed my life.” Grandma said in her soft little voice. All the children were full of joy and ready to hear the annual Christmas story from grandma. “Now children, this story is a special one. Open up your ears, because you might just learn something…

A little girl and her family were outside enjoying the December weather of Florida. It may have not been the snowy paradise the little girl had always dreamed of, but she knew she was blessed because she was in for a treat this year. You see, the little girl’s father usually misses Christmas with the family because he is a soldier in the war. This year he is finally going to be able to come home. The little girl walked over to the Christmas tree. She gazed delightfully at the décor, with such beautiful lights and tinsel covering every inch of it. She had put up ornaments of all shapes and sizes, and then she spotted her favorite ornament. It had a picture of her mother, father and her all together, and they all looked so happy. After taking a step back, she realized the tree was missing something. Then, she realized exactly what was missing… a note to Santa. She got out her pen and a piece of paper, and she wrote, “Dear Santa, I am in no need of gifts this year. The only thing I desire this year is simply for my father to make it home safely for Christmas. I haven’t seen him in a whole year, and I miss him terribly. So please Santa, can you make sure my daddy is safe.” She signed her name and put it under the tree, and kissed the note for good luck. The little girl’s mother walked in and said, “Honey, I know you probably want to stay up to wait for your dad, but I think you should get some rest. Don’t you want to be well rested for when he comes?” The little girl nodded, and ran upstairs to put on her pajamas. As she crawled into her bed, she smiled, and her eyes closed slowly and gently.
At about 3:00 in the morning, the little girl heard a noise coming from downstairs. She slowly climbed out of bed to investigate. She rushed to the bottom step, and peeked over the edge of the stairs for a glimpse of what might be making the noise. It was very dark, but she saw a muscular looking figure near the tree. She slowly walked over, and she realized who it was. She was overjoyed with excitement, and she said, “DADDY! You’re finally home!” The father looked at his daughter and started to tear up. The little girl jumped up in his arms, and they were finally together again. The little girl was crying tears of joy, and said, “Daddy, you are the best present anybody could ever wish for.” As she wiped away her tears, her heart was filled with joy.

…“Well kids, that was the story for this year, and If you didn’t realized who that little girl was.. It was me.” The grandma said holding back tears. The kids looked at each other with smiles on their faces, and they all thanked her for the wonderful story. “Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.”

Username: -Dreamcatcher
I hope you enjoyed my story. <3

ZeusS

Posted: Dec 16, 2011 12:10 AM   in response to: maryn in response to: maryn
Click to report abuse...

The Gift of a Soldier

'Twas December 25th, Christmas day. Snowing, it was, as Christmas day should be. I was gathered around the fire with my four children; Lia, Joseph, Joel, and Violet. We were all warm and comfy on the couch, telling each-other stories. Then Violet, my youngest kid, asked me to tell a story.
I told her "Violet, do I have to? I'm not very good with stories."
She gazed up at me, with her glowing hazel eyes and said "Please? For Christmas? For +me+?".

How could you not do something for a young one such as her? I had to.
"Okay. Well it may not be very good."

"It was Christmas Eve. Outside you could hear cheering, and caroling, and dancing, and snowball fights amok. There were children everywhere, and excitement. There were also faint sounds of vehicles; most likely people rushing to stores for last-minute gifts.

But in my house...there was no joy. I was just eight years old. Just my mother and I cuddled watching Christmas movies on the television, in front of the fireplace. Why was there no joy, you may wonder. Well, children. My father had signed up for the Airforce. He had been deployed over a year ago, and we hadn't seen him since."

"Why did he sign up for da armeh, dady?" Violet asked.

"Because" I answered "It was the noble thing to do..."

I continued my story.

"And for this christmas, I asked for very few; but it was the gifts that were the hardest to receive. I had written a letter to Santa, asking in very polite format for the gift of my father back home for Christmas, and for my family to be happy again. I had been good and helped mom all year, and this could be my one gift the year."
"After finishing 'Frosty the Snowman'-a classic movie-, I ran upstairs and snuggled into my cozy bed."
"Dear god" I prayed "Please help Santa. He's a very busy man, and I believe in you both in helping my daddy come home for Christmas. Mommy will be so happy!!!! And so will I"
"After praying, I closed my eyes and fell asleep."
"Come mourning, I awoke. I got up and stretched, and rubbed the sleep from my eyes. "
"Afterwards, I walked downstairs to a man. But not just any man; a familiar man. He was wearing a navy blue uniform; with patches all over it."
"Father" I asked "Is that you"
"No." The figure answered "It's not".
"I lost all hope. I knew that Christmas was ruined. I started to tear, but then the door opened."
"FATHER?! FATHER!!!!" I screamed as I ran and hugged him.
"How had I known it was him, who was my father? Well...he had smelled like a smoker (my father always was), he had the hazel eyes like I did, and I could just tell. It's like that instinct of a mother bear knowing her cub. "
"Scout" he said. Yeah, he called me scout. "Merry Christmas Scout" he said to me, as he handed me a box. It was wrapped in glistening paper, decorated with toy planes, toy soldiers, and toy tanks. \
"It's not from me." he said." "I picked it up from the Post Office. It said, from Santa, did it not? "
As I opened the box, there was a silver sleigh with jingling bells on it, and a letter. The letter said;
Dear Scout,

+Merry Christmas. It's been a very busy night, but I made a promise to myself to bring YOU the greatest gift of them all. I hope you enjoy, and have a very merry Christmas. Never stop believing, because Miracles do happen. Be good, and enjoy your Christmas, +
Santa Claus
It was the best gift.

"Daddy was that a real story or did you just make it up?"
I thought for a moment. If I told her it was real, she would mention it to my wife; who was very sensitive when it came to the subject. My father had passed away last year, after being shot in-combat.
"I made it up"
"Oh. Well it was still a good story. Thanks daddy"
"But Violet..."
"Yes, daddy?"
"Never stop believing. Miracles DO happen"
"Uh..okay daddy teehee"

-DreamCatcher

Posted: Dec 16, 2011 12:57 PM   in response to: ZeusS in response to: ZeusS
Click to report abuse...
Sounds familiar... -.-
ZeusS

Posted: Dec 16, 2011 8:24 PM   in response to: -DreamCatcher in response to: -DreamCatcher
Click to report abuse...
Get over it.
krogger

Posted: Dec 22, 2011 3:41 AM   in response to: maryn in response to: maryn
Click to report abuse...

The Red Snow(12+)

a Detective/Romance Story by Krogger

Sorry if there are any grammar mistakes: English is not my mother tongue. The story and the characters are completely original and fictive. The story contains a murder so the readers should be at least 12 years old. Hope you'll enjoy my detective story :D
The moon's sword was piercing the dark with an unimaginable force. The landscape was drowning in the silver snow. Two tennagers were slowly walking holding their hands. The girl kissed the boy on the cheek and the boy did the same to he's girlfriend. Suddenly, the boy slipped on a portion of the road with no snow. Firstly, the girl laughed, but then she realized that her boyfriend wasn't breathing. She couldn't see his face because he slipped with the face on the road. She started crying and screaming things like: "Oh no! My sweetheart! Oh why?!"...

The Detective's Agency was a quite small and orange building sitting on the left side of the Street no. 78, at London's periphery. A pretty tall man, with a perfect black mustache, dressed in an azure jacket and hat, was leaving the building at 11.20 PM in the Christmas eve. The murderers take no holiday, he thought. He had arrived after 10 minutes at the crime scene. "Good evening, lady", he told the victim's girlfriend. She had stopped crying and started staring at the detective. "Who... who are you?", she asked.
"My name is Detective Otto Strasbourg", he answered. "And I'm here because I suspect that this case is a murder.", he continued. The girl screamed: "A murderer?!"
"Exactly! My Detective's Angency has just catched a serial killer named Tunisia Rock. Our psychologists discovered that she has just murdered someone, so I've decided to find out the most recent deaths in London.", Otto said.
"But... But, it wasn't a murderer, I was there when he has slipped and died... Oh my gosh, my sweethear..."
"So, you were there? Interesting... Tell me everything you've done that evening."
"Well, we've met at 8.00 PM in the Central Park. We've bought some hot chocolate, then slowly walked to the East Park. The hot chocolate seller told us that that way would be romantic. Then... he slipped and died...", she said while many tears were streaming on her face. Otto could see she wasn't the murderer. But, he could imagine who it was.

"Do you know him?", the detective asked.
"Well, yeah... But I didn't kill him!", the woman cried.
"Investigate her house guys!", the detective told the other detectives. They were in the Helena Autumn's house, the hot chocolate seller who told the girl and her boyfriend to go to the East Park.
"There's a bloody knife here, in the bathroom!" one detective said.
"WHAT?!", the detective cried.
"Okay, okay, I'll tell you everything!", Helena said.

They've arrived at the crime scene again. "I've put some oil on that portion of the road. I knew he would walk on this way to the East Park, 'cause this the way we used to cross when we were together...", Helena testified.
"WHAT?!" the victim's girlfriend cried.
"He left me because I had cancer. He said he didn't want to suffer my death, so he decided that we should break up. I'll die in six months and I wanted him to be with me in the paradise. All I wanted for Christmas was him..."

~THE END

x0xMusicIsLovex0x

Posted: Dec 22, 2011 5:24 PM   in response to: maryn in response to: maryn
Click to report abuse...

The Mystery

Abigail lay motionless in her bed with the comforter pulled over her head. Her small flashlight illuminated her quilted cave. She was waiting for Santa Claus. How long had it been since her mother had tucked her into bed, planted a kiss on her forehead, and turned off the light? How much longer until she could come face to face with her hero? The other kids at school laughed at her when she talked about Santa. They didn't know better. They said their parents put the gifts under the tree. She smiled to herself. They were so naive. She had gone to the store with her mother before last Christmas and asked for a doll. Her mother said she didn't have enough money in her purse to pay for it. That Christmas, Abigail had unwrapped that very same doll. It was from Santa. Her mother said so herself. Anyway, how could her mother have magically been able to afford the doll?

Her memories were interrupted by the sound of movement in the hall. Abigail turned onto her side and lifted the covers from her face. The digital clock on her nightstand glowed a brilliant 10:30 PM. She tossed the covers off and crept toward her door. The flashlight in her hand acted as a beacon in the darkness. She paused at the door to listen for any more sounds. When she was content, she twisted the doorknob and pushed through the portal into the void beyond. Even with the flashlight in her hand, she had to squint to make out the various obstacles in the hall. A table with a vase standing upon it, toys she had forgotten to pick up, and the most threatening of all, Buster. Buster was a mutt her family had rescued from the local shelter. Upon adoption he was severely under weight, now however, he had made a complete 360º change. He laid sprawled across the hall obstructing the path to the staircase. She was about to turn around when a light turned on downstairs. Her breath caught. Santa was here.

She edged around Buster, careful to avoid stepping on his tail. She then sprinted for the stairs and quietly made her way down them. For some reason she felt nervousness rise up from the pit of her stomach. She was actually going to meet Santa, face to face. She had the odd urge to turn around and run back to her room. Her feet wouldn't listen, she kept creeping down the stairs. When she got to the bottom, she longingly looked back up. Her soft bed was waiting for her. What if the boogey man popped out of he hall closet and snatched her up? She shuddered. No. She had come too far to retreat. She made her way to the living room. Toward the light. She stopped. She could hear her parents laughing and talking quietly.

"Mommy? Daddy?" she called and entered the living room.

"What are you doing up?" her father asked, a tone of astonishment was prominent in his groggy voice.

"Oh." Abigail replied slightly crestfallen. "I thought I heard Santa."

"You just missed him honey," her mom sighed, "But he left some extra cookies, would you like one?"

Abigail nodded and walked over to her mother and accepted the cookie. She turned to admire the Christmas tree and the gifts underneath it. Maybe she'd never meet Santa. Somehow, she was okay with that. She liked the mystery.
Yourheartismine

Posted: Dec 24, 2011 8:05 AM   in response to: x0xMusicIsLovex0x in response to: x0xMusicIsLovex0x
Click to report abuse...
I use different translators may be missing there things, but it is a good idea.

Black Santa?

You already know them did not you?

They look like Santa Claus, but their color is black, from head to toe. There is another difference from the regular Santa Claus. They do not bring gifts, however, steal something instead. Are they criminals? No, these are the types stealthy as ninjas. They steal things invisible as the worries and troubles the minds of people and put them in their black bag and take them away from people. This way, people can have a great holiday!

Cache

Black Santa Claus lives in a small planet floating in the sky. The planet is invisible, because of its camouflage

a student

The tail of the black deer is shaking. It can detect the concerns of people with its tail. It moves quickly, and is one of the talents of a Black Santa.

The first person is a student, it seems to be a sporty girl who loves the butt, you can say that the items she has in her room.

The girl started talking to herself, in an annoyed tone.
"Why do older students in my club to criticize me? It could be trying to make me play better, but it's the last straw! Maybe I should not play more ..."

A suicide

Black Santa sneaks in his office, and pushes down the photo booth and then hides again. The girl points out, and picks up the photo. This is a picture with his best friend who played with his stick. The friend does not have such practices difficult, but it continues to play because she really likes.

"Yes, because I like it, I'm still trying. If I keep trying hard like that, I can become better than the senior student, and I trust that I can do it!"

Black Santa Claus captures the anxiety invisible, and puts it in the black bag. It's a good start. Black Santa Claus feels his body becomes lighter. Hmm ... why? Because of the good work, the body becomes lighter?

a boy and his mother

The reindeer falls near the black side of man. It is surprising, is it human? Chat? Hmmm ...

Because reindeer can fly Black (so do not do in real life!), It is ok. He falls slowly the land, then suddenly he groaned, and wiggles and covers his eyes. What a great actor he is. The man is surprised and down the building.

This time, black Santa has been a change in their body. Their body becomes slightly transparent. Black Santa is like a kind of god. If anyone in the world, believes in black Santa, they can disappear. But Black Santa works as a spy, so that no one knows about him.

Black takes the reindeer on the sleeves again. It may be last job for Black Santa.

Last solution

Black Santa Claus places down next to tie the father of the mother. The mother notices it and picks it up and starts to cry harder. It is too difficult, but the boy would notice, and goes to his mother and said:
"It's ok mom, I asked Santa, and said I do not need more gifts, it will be ok."

The mother listening and hugs her little boy, crying. There were tears of sadness, but this time, tears of the mother are for her child, and tears for the boy is his mother's tears of kindness and care for each other.

Nobody knows if it's the best way or not, but tears of sorrow can be healed by the tears a little kindness, so it might take a bit of sadness ...

End

Leaf_of_a_willo...

Posted: Dec 24, 2011 10:03 AM   in response to: maryn in response to: maryn
Click to report abuse...
The jolliest time
of the
year

Christmas, most jolly time of the year? i hate that saying, i hate these carolers.I'm not much into this anymore unlike the rest of my family.they decorate and sing and cheer, then theres me, i'll just sit here. mom loves to sing all through december she plays that damn piano.dad puts up lights and the little ones write and wish for santa's return.i snort at the idea,and remeber when christmas was hope filled and anxious for myself. one thing they don't tell you is how christmas feels so dead as you get older.
By the way, im jenna, sixteen years old and "rebelious" as mother dearest says. the other day she caught me sneaking in. Wasnt even my fault, mom's the one who got the cheap gutters.see i was climbimg up and all of the sudden"bink'tink" i was falling back and to my mothers smiling face looking at my from my second story window.it wasnt her happy holidays smile either, it was the "she is so busted look."
anyways back to christmas with the cranks part 2. we're putting up the christmas tree i actually don't mind doing that. Dad handle the top part, mom and i arond the middle and the 2 little ones,jace and leah,working on the bottom. i can honestly say this is special to me moment like this, just this.we can all do somthing together and just shut the hell up.i like this. then leah asks and she pulls on my pant leg,jenna what did you ask santa for. i look down at her and then back up to mom's glare telling me to be nice."I, i asked santa for uh,you to have a very special christmas leah, you too jace. i smile and continue doing the trree.
as much as i know santa isnt real i could never have the heart to tell or ruin their hopes. like kids at school did me.i miss it the suspense in waiting at night trying to sneak a peek and see the jolly old man. now it doesnt even feel like christmas time, and its 1 days away. leah and jace are to go to santa at the mall and mom and dad pawn them off on my for that.i dont much mind, i love the little ones. i gather em up and buckle them into my small chevy s10 truck jace in the middle right next to me and leah on the futher side. they're so cute i must admit,matching for the picture with santa.
we're standing in line and it's our turn next, jace and leah bounce up there and plop on santa's lap. sit,whisper chirstmas ideas,grin,smile chuckle,click and done. adorable i must say. jace and leah have always been the cutest two.leah with curled blonde hair and light blue eyes,porcelin like skin.jace almost twin format,bigger eyes but deeper blue,slicker blonde hair and almond skin.to top it off at the moment jace in blue jeans and a indigo jacket,next to leah in an indigo dreww with white ruffles at teh bottom.
i take them to the play pin in the mall,also know as liek a day care, and i go to shop around.crazy the mall is so man people bumping into you. im on my way to banna republic when this larger guy shoulder checks me. and for some reason i hear bells, like jingbells hit the flloor.as im about to stare this guy down i look back and he's gone. somthing came over me that i should pick the silly bell up.and in the x of the jingle bell was a letter.in tiny formated writing it says:To jenna,whose hopes are failing i believe in you, it's not too late to still believe in me. weirded me out a bit. but i guess thats what happenes around tehse times people get happy and think they can change lives of other scrooges.
asi go to get jace and leah from mall daycare i see they are now wearing santa hats.where did you get those i asked, and leah eagrly said santa santa! he came back just to give us one.again weirded out a bit i was but it made her happy so i over looked it. as we're walking out of the mall leah says to me jenna why do u not like santa.what am i to say to that a 4 year old girl asking me a question like that!? what who said i dont like santa?"well" santa told me,your changeing and you think your heart has to change too. i was stunned theres no way she couldve known how to say all that now way she could make it up.i buckle them back into the car and head for home.
we're on the high way and its really busy this time of year. crazy how these "last minute parents/santa's" are on the roads. right off to the left theres a car flipped on the snow, no one hurt i hope.i snap back to the road making sure that won't happen to us.jace whose sitting next to me hears the jingle in my pocket as i adjust my seating. he grabs it and says.'santa must like you, he gave you a reindeere bell.' i just looked at him with amusement and confusion. and how do you know its santa "reindeere bell?' he goe son to tell me when santa has faith in his children he gives them somthing special.its so weird hearing this from a 6 year old little boy's voice.yet speaking like he has a 20 year old mind.
we reach home and i haul the kids intothe house along with their cute picture with santa.i show mom, dad and head up to my room. i relaize i still have this bell in my pocket rattling around makes me feel weird like,im missing somthing?i cant quite ponder it so i take it out of my pocket and hold it,its cold from being in the heating up car,its also very old looking.i just cant understand this note who would do that, or whose pranking mee.i set the bell on my dresser and curl up to bed and drift to sleep.dreaming of sugar plum fairies or candy cane men i was not but i was dreaming of somthing, that had enough nerve to wake me from my sleep. its about 1 am and im dying of thrist. so i creep my way down stairs. grab a a bottle of water and indulge in the quench. all of the sudden i hear a thud.
by the chimney i see smoke,mom forgot to clean,and with that another thud. my eyes widen as i cant believe whats going on.he looks over to me and puts one finger upon his lip and says shh.gifts are set and placed from him a bite of the cookie, or two. i watch im stunned and he minds none. he comes to me and says i know you need life, back in you christmas times so keep this memory in mind, that bell close to heart and never let someone stop believeing if its not from the heart. off with a chuckle, back up that chimney he went, god ask me how i couldnt repent.clicks and clack on the roof. i no longer needed anymore proof.
lilblue741

Posted: Dec 27, 2011 10:17 AM   in response to: maryn in response to: maryn
Click to report abuse...
THE GOLD WRAPPING PAPER

Photobucket

Once upon a time, there was a man who worked very hard just to keep food on the table for his family. This particular year a few days before Christmas, he punished his little five-year-old daughter after learning that she had used up the family's only roll of expensive gold wrapping paper.

As money was tight, he became even more upset when on Christmas Eve he saw that the child had used all of the expensive gold paper to decorate one shoebox she had put under the Christmas tree. He also was concerned about where she had gotten money to buy what was in the shoebox.

Nevertheless, the next morning the little girl, filled with excitement, brought the gift box to her father and said, "This is for you, Daddy!"

As he opened the box, the father was embarrassed by his earlier overreaction, now regretting how he had punished her.

But when he opened the shoebox, he found it was empty and again his anger flared. "Don't you know, young lady," he said harshly, "when you give someone a present, there's supposed to be something inside the package!"

The little girl looked up at him with sad tears rolling from her eyes and whispered: "Daddy, it's not empty. I blew kisses into it until it was all full."

The father was crushed. He fell on his knees and put his arms around his precious little girl. He begged her to forgive him for his unnecessary anger.

An accident took the life of the child only a short time later. It is told that the father kept this little gold box by his bed for all the years of his life. Whenever he was discouraged or faced difficult problems, he would open the box, take out an imaginary kiss, and remember the love of this beautiful child who had put it there.

In a very real sense, each of us has been given an invisible golden box filled with unconditional love and kisses from our children, family, friends and God. There is no more precious possession anyone could hold.

OPEN YOUR GOLDEN BOX TODAY AND FEEL GOOD.

Yourheartismine

Posted: Dec 27, 2011 4:17 PM   in response to: lilblue741 in response to: lilblue741
Click to report abuse...
http://www.weboflove.org/goldwrappingpaper

@lilblue741 The Gold Wrapping Paper is here
patdog

Posted: Dec 29, 2011 9:12 PM   in response to: maryn in response to: maryn
Click to report abuse...

Santa’s Genesis

Let’s travel back in time. Way back to when parents didn’t pass on stories or any sort of folklore to their children. In the city of Paris, France there lived a young and humble man named Sebastian. He had 2 brothers and 2 sisters, all older than him. Now, Sebastian and his family were rich and lived in a huge mansion, but oddly enough were surrounded by a neighborhood of middle classed people. Some of the houses surrounding them were dilapidated and others looked in an even worse condition. Even at his young age of 10 Sebastian had always been caring and generous to others. Whenever he was able to, he would take food and give what money was with him to others less unfortunate. He’d go outside on days when he didn’t have to study and play with the other neighborhood kids. His older siblings looked down on him for playing with “trash” as they so called the other kids of their neighborhood. It didn’t matter to him though, those were his friends. Those were the people Sebastian knew he could count on to tell secrets to, to confide his fears and trust in. It was on this particular day, December 23 that the neighborhood kids would get together and pick up odd things littering the ground and collect them in a big basket. Sebastian knew what this meant, that in 2 more days on the 25th the kids would come back together and distribute what they found to each other. It was a sad sight for him, because most of the things the other kids found were dirty or broken. At the end of the day, the basket was piled with all sorts of things one would normally overlook. Satisfied with their work, the kids went each into their own homes to call it a night. Sebastian lingered a while longer to look at all the different objects the children had picked up.
On the day before the gifts were to be given out, every single child got together in a giant circle around the gift basket and sung what today we would call “Christmas Carols”. Sebastian wasn’t present on the account of him having a family dinner but every chance he got he would go to the window and see the kids, hand in hand, rotating and singing around the basket. Oh how he longed to be out there with his friends, how he too wanted to be singing and enjoying this great day. Once the children were done, they hugged one another, talked about things only known to the ones around them, enjoyed laughter and then went home. Sebastian wondered how it was in their places, what it would be like if he didn’t have everything and instead only had little. All these thoughts swirled around in his head until he went to sit back down with his family to eat. The day wore on after that and as dusk approached there was a hint of frost in the air; the sense of impeding snow heavy in the sky. If there was anything the children loved more than giving out presents to one another, it would be the feeling of the white blanket as it stretched across the land. Having a White Christmas is like having a big rock of gold in a pricelessly decorated treasure chest. The neighborhood kids swarmed outside just as the first bits of snow began to fall. Sebastian ran outside too and as much as his older sisters and brothers were stuck up, they couldn’t help but step out in the streets. The snow was falling slow at first but then struck up a steady stream and starting to stick. Kids were already on the ground making snow angels and making groups to have snow fights. Sebastian’s older siblings were just hanging around and looking at all of us play. In their minds, they didn’t like Sebastian hanging with the other kids and tried so many times to see how “filthy” they were. It was at that moment that those thoughts were crossing their minds that they spot it. The huge basket of whatever the kids found yesterday all piled together. Ideas, plots and plans flood their mind. All of them exchange an evil smirk towards the unknowing kids outside. Nobody knew what lie in wait the next morning…
On the dawn of the 25th, the day when gifts were given to every child in the neighborhood, there hung a sense of sadness. When Sebastian woke up out of his slumber and stepped out into snowy streets, he immediately felt something was out of place. His eyes darted around and then fell on the basket; however, the basket was empty! There was no trace of anything being put in it only a couple of days before. Children of all ages were scrambling around the place, searching everywhere for the trinkets they recently found. Some were crying while others were just sitting in the snow curled up. It was a horrific sight to Sebastian and his heart reached out for the kids. He didn’t want to believe his eyes, the truth that was laid out before him. It didn’t make sense; the presents were all in the basket just last night! Thoughts flooded Sebastian’s mind as to who would and could possibly do this to these neighborhood kids. It just wasn’t right, the nerve of even thinking of stealing from the less unfortunate. Then an even brighter thought came to Sebastian’s mind, one that would save the day. He ran back in his house, scooped up every toy and luxurious object given to him over the years, and ran back out to throw them in the basket. He made several trips to and from his house and back to the basket; by the time Sebastian was done, he’d broken into a dripping sweat and held his knees to suck in air. All the while that he was doing this, the other children had gathered around the basket and watched Sebastian’s progress. Their eyes were full of hope, joy, relief and most of all tears of happiness. They rushed towards Sebastian and flung their arms around him. Laughs filled the air, the sounds of little children ringing through the morning. It was as if the world itself stopped just for this glorious moment to last longer. Sebastian felt a whole new kind of happiness and peace inside himself. The children then gathered in a tight circle around the basket which Sebastian was ecstatic to be a part of this time around. They started to rotate and sing their hymns and all was well. After this, the kids took from the basket and passed the items around but when they tried to pass something to Sebastian, he would just push them away and smile. He had already received the greatest gift: the joy of filling people with hope, love, and happiness.
Later on that night, after the gifts were all distributed and every boy and girl of the ages were tucked in their beds; a knock was heard on Sebastian’s front door. Turns out his siblings had gathered their own friends to take from the basket overnight in order to ruin the children’s amazing day. They were punished and from that point on had to give a neighborhood kid an object of their own each day.

I hope you all have enjoyed this story and if you really liked it and want me to expand on Sebastian, the kids, the basket, anything at all then PM. Other than that, hope you had fun reading it!

Forum Name the same as User: PatDog
Legend